Fishbowl Solutions Wins Prestigious Industry Award for work on a Mobile Sales Enablement Application
Mobile Application Extends Oracle WebCenter Content Management Capabilities to Apple iPads
FISHBOWL HEADQUARTERS, MINNEAPOLIS, MN – November 22, 2011
• The fifth annual Forrester Groundswell Awards were announced on September 22 at the Forrester Content & Collaboration Forum in Boston. Fishbowl Solutions was a recipient of the award in the in the Management category for an Employee Mobile Application. Their winning entry was based on their work developing an iPad-based content management application for a leading medical device manufacturer and integrating it with Oracle WebCenter Content (formerly Oracle Universal Content Management).
• Jason Lamon, senior marketing associate at Fishbowl Solutions, attended the forum in Boston where he accepted the award on Fishbowl’s behalf and participated in a panel discussion with other award winners.
• Fishbowl’s mobile content management application enables users to download collateral from Oracle WebCenter Content into folders on their iPads by leveraging Fishbowl’s iOS Mobility Suite API. The iPad allows users to quickly call up the latest videos, presentations, and PDFs stored in Oracle WebCenter Content. If users don’t have an internet connection, they can still access any downloaded content in offline mode and use the synch button to check WebCenter for content updates when reconnected.
• This year, there were more than 200 entries to the Forrester Groundswell Awards in four divisions including Business-to-Business (B2B) Business-to-Consumer (B2C), Management, and International.
• The Forrester Groundswell Awards recognize excellence in achieving business and organizational goals with social technology applications. The awards program was developed to support and recognize the principles outlined in the Forrester Research books Groundswell: Winning In a World Transformed By Social Technologies (Harvard Business Press, 2008) and Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers, and Transform Your Business (Harvard Business Press, 2010).
• “In our second year of the Forrester Groundswell Awards management category, now featuring mobile, collaboration, and innovation programs for employees around the world, the number of quality of entries was remarkable,” said Ted Schadler, vice president and principal analyst at Forrester and co-author of Empowered. “The entries reflected the deep commitments that companies and governments are making in programs that empower employees to solve customer and business problems.”
• “Once again, we received excellent entries for the Forrester Groundswell Awards from around the world,” said Josh Bernoff, senior vice president, idea development at Forrester and co-author of Groundswell and Empowered. “We selected the winners based on the most impressive results from among over 200 entrants this year.”
• “Mobility is a dynamic and changing space, and our application development experience enabled us to provide advice and support on both the architecture and usability of our client’s mobile content management system,” said Tim Gruidl, president of Fishbowl Solutions. “This collaboration resulted in an easy-to-use yet robust iPad application that delivers critical content to their mobile workforce all from Oracle WebCenter Content.”
About Fishbowl Solutions
Fishbowl Solutions was founded in 1999. Their areas of expertise include: Enterprise Content Management with Oracle WebCenter and PTC’s Product Development System (PDS). Fishbowl Solutions is an OPN Specialized partner in Oracle WebCenter with an outstanding reputation of working with the Oracle WebCenter product suite, specializing in content management.
Fishbowl Solutions provides a competitive advantage in the market due to its own suite of add-on software solutions that work with the Oracle WebCenter and PTC PDS to enhance their functionality and help customers do more with the resources and systems they have.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Phone: (952) 465-3420