Fishbowl Solutions Releases Version 2.0 of their Google Search Appliance Connector for Oracle WebCenter Content
New Version Includes Improved Interface and Enables WebCenter Users to Search Additional Content Repositories
FISHBOWL HEADQUARTERS, MINNEAPOLIS, MN – January 24, 2012
● Fishbowl Solutions, an Oracle WebCenter Content and Portal Specialized Gold Partner and a Google Enterprise Partner, has announced the latest release of their Google Search Appliance (GSA) Connector for Oracle WebCenter Content. This release provides the familiar Google interface to WebCenter users, and enables them to conduct searches against other content repositories all from Oracle WebCenter Content.
● Fishbowl’s GSA Connector Version 2.0 provides WebCenter users with an out-of-the-box search and results template that closely resembles Google.com, providing immediate familiarity while ensuring ease-of-use.
● Fishbowl’s GSA Connector also enables organizations that are leveraging their GSA devices to crawl and index other collections; such as file shares, SharePoint sites, and websites, to make those collections available to WebCenter users for selection. WebCenter users simply select the collections they want to search, execute their search, and Fishbowl’s connector returns the results from the various collections all within Oracle WebCenter Content.
● Organizations leveraging Fishbowl’s GSA Connector, along with the GSA’s relevance ranking and ability to index over 220 file types, will be able to provide users and visitors with quick and accurate content searches from their WebCenter-based corporate intranets and websites.
● Fishbowl’s Google Search Appliance Connector supports Oracle UCM 10g and 11g. Additional features of the connector include:
- Ability to filter results by WebCenter metadata fields such as Content ID, Title, and Author
- Return both public and secure content results based on user credentials
- Expose Google search features such as type ahead, spelling suggestions, and synonyms
- Support for Google Search Appliance software versions 6.8 to 6.14
● The GSA Connector Version 2.0 for Oracle WebCenter is licensed per Oracle Content Server and is available directly from Fishbowl Solutions.
• “Version 2.0 of Fishbowl’s GSA Connector more tightly integrates the power of Google within Oracle WebCenter Content,” said Tim Gruidl, president of Fishbowl Solutions. “Organizations utilizing the connector will realize clear and immediate ROI by being able to reduce the cost of developing custom WebCenter search components, while improving enterprise information sharing through more accurate and efficient content searches."
About Fishbowl Solutions
Fishbowl Solutions was founded in 1999. Their areas of expertise include: Oracle WebCenter Content and Portal as well as PTC’s Product Development System (PDS). Fishbowl Solutions is an officially certified Oracle WebCenter Specialized Partner with an outstanding reputation of working with the Oracle (formerly Stellent) Enterprise 2.0 product suite, specializing in content management, and has become an industry leader in the software and consulting industry.
Fishbowl Solutions provides a competitive advantage in the market due to its own suite of add-on software solutions that work with Oracle WebCenter Content and Portal and PTC PDS to enhance their functionality and help customers do more with the resources and systems they have.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Phone: (952) 465-3420