Fishbowl Solutions Releases Microsoft SharePoint Connector for Enterprise Content Management
Integration Enables Content Created in SharePoint to be Stored, Managed and Accessed in other Enterprise Content Management Systems
FISHBOWL HEADQUARTERS, MINNEAPOLIS, MN – April 12, 2011
• Fishbowl Solutions, an Oracle Enterprise Content Management and WebCenter Specialized Gold Partner, announced the release of SharePoint Connector for Enterprise Content Management (ECM), a software component that provides a direct integration enabling content created, edited and saved within a Microsoft SharePoint site to be stored, managed and accessed in other ECM systems.
• Microsoft SharePoint is a widely popular content management system that achieved widespread adoption due to its ease-of-use and ability for users to easily create SharePoint Sites. However, this ease of use often leads to multiple ungoverned sites containing orphaned content. Fishbowl’s SharePoint Connector for ECM “bridges” content created in SharePoint with the best-in-class content storage and management capabilities of other 3rd-party ECM systems, providing organizations with a secure and scalable repository for accessing SharePoint content. Organizations will now have the interoperability they desire between their collaborative SharePoint sites and their system for enterprise content management.
• Fishbowl’s SharePoint Connector for ECM maintains the SharePoint user experience, enabling SharePoint users to continue to use SharePoint to create and collaborate on work-in-progress content. However, the process of adding, editing and saving content to a new or existing SharePoint site automatically stores the document or other content item in a separate ECM system instead of Microsoft SQL Server.
• The integration utilizes Microsoft web services to enable communication between SharePoint and an organization’s ECM system. SharePoint Site Administrators simply create an Admin Web Part containing the configuration settings, and then use the Web Part to determine how ECM document storage will occur – either by SharePoint library, folder location, or based on file size or extension. The Web Part is also used to configure user access as well as any metadata mapping.
• The SharePoint Connector for ECM will be sold per SharePoint server. Additional features of the integration include.
o Ability to map SharePoint metadata to ECM metadata.
o Fully configurable per SharePoint document library.
o Select documents to be stored in the ECM system by library, folder location, or based on file size or extension.
• Fishbowl Solutions will be demonstrating Microsoft SharePoint Connector for ECM in booth 1048 at the Collaborate conference in Orlando, Florida from April 11th through the 14th.
• “The SharePoint Connector for ECM enables organizations to leverage two, best-in-class content management systems and truly exploit the benefits of each, said Tim Gruidl, President of Fishbowl Solutions. “Organizations will no longer have to choose one system over the other but instead realize an integrated system that delivers true Enterprise 2.0 functionality, including blogs, wikis, web content management, portals, and enterprise content management.”
About Fishbowl Solutions
Fishbowl Solutions was founded in 1999. Their areas of expertise include: Oracle Enterprise Content Management (Oracle ECM) and PTC’s Product Development System (PDS). Fishbowl Solutions is an officially certified Oracle ECM and WebCenter Specialized Partner with an outstanding reputation of working with the Oracle (formerly Stellent) Enterprise 2.0 product suite, specializing in content management, and has become an industry leader in the software and consulting industry.
Fishbowl Solutions provides a competitive advantage in the market due to its own suite of add-on software solutions that work with the Oracle ECM and PTC PDS to enhance their functionality and help customers do more with the resources and systems they have.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Phone: (952) 465-3420