FISHBOWL SOLUTIONS RELEASES SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFIER™ 3.1 FOR ORACLE UNIVERSAL CONTENT MANAGEMENT
Update metadata based on a subscription or query defined in Content Server
Minneapolis—November 3, 2008—Fishbowl Solutions, Inc., a software, services and consulting company delivering solutions for Oracle® Universal Content Management has released the 3.1 version of Subscription Notifier™.
Keeping content accurate and up-to-date in Content Server is challenging for many companies due to the large amount of information they produce. Subscriptions to content play a crucial role in updating users when content needs review, is ready to expire or has been updated. Subscription Notifier’s newest feature triggers other events to occur based on a subscription schedule. A common example of this feature is updating the status of content based on a query. For example, rather than content expiring from the system, the status of the content item will be updated to “expired” so it can still be found in the Content Server, but is not active content. Triggered events can also be extended to better meet the needs of the users. The most common events are updating metadata based on a query/subscription, initiating a workflow by creating a new revision of a document, undoing the check-out for content out for an extensive amount of time, updating an external database, or sending a single email notification once a day for items still in the workflow queue.
“Creatively used, Subscription Notifier will revolutionize the way we manage content in [Oracle UCM] Stellent," said long time user of Subscription Notifier, Mike Makofske of The LA Times. Extending beyond Oracle’s “Notification of Expiration”, Subscription Notifier allows organizations to:
• Specify subscription template, subject, users, alias, query, and notification schedule for each subscription
• Define subscriptions and queries using a graphical user interface
• Preview subscription emails before they are sent
• Specify detailed instructions in the email notification without having to create a custom email template for each subscription
• Add tokens to allow for variable notification of users such as notifying the document’s author
• Fully specify the subscription query using advanced mode to join in custom tables or send notifications for non-document based queries
• Query against external database providers for access to data in other enterprise systems
• Trigger additional events in addition to sending an email such as updating a metadata field
About Fishbowl Solutions
Fishbowl Solutions (www.fishbowlsolutions.com), areas of expertise include: Oracle® Universal Content Management and PTC’s Product Development System. Fishbowl Solutions has an outstanding reputation of working with Oracle® (formerly Stellent) content management and exceeding customer expectations. Fishbowl Solutions provides a competitive advantage in the market due to its own suite of add-on software solutions.
# # #
Media Contact: Amanda Broman
Phone: (962) 465-3462