CAD Converter™ for Oracle WebCenter Content (UCM)
Departments outside of engineering need access to AutoCAD data in order to build, sell, document, and market products. Unfortunately, delivering access to AutoCAD drawings can be expensive and time-consuming.
Printing and shipping drawings take engineering resources away from value-added tasks and incurs costly shipping charges, not to mention a delay in access to important information.
Giving users access to expensive AutoCAD licenses and then training them to use these tools are impractical and costly.
But it doesn’t have to be. Now there is CADConverter™.
CADConverter automatically converts AutoCAD drawings to the web-viewable DWF or easy-to-use PDF upon check-in to the Oracle WebCenter Content (UCM) Server. Delivering AutoCAD drawings to the entire business has never been easier.
Fishbowl Solutions is a Certified Autodesk Partner
Contact Us to learn more, schedule a demo, or request a quote.
CADConverter Product Specifications
With CADConverter, companies can:
• Easily share AutoCAD drawings with the entire business.
• Let users view AutoCAD drawings using their familiar tools, like Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Deliver immediate access to AutoCAD data versus waiting to print and ship drawings to users who need them.
• Keep engineers focused on value-added tasks.
• Save money on printing and shipping costs by delivering drawings electronically.
• Leverage Content Server features such as Full-Text Indexing (for searching and retrieval), Automatic Notification, Security, Records Management, etc. for use with AutoCAD drawings.
• Use hundreds of configuration options for complete flexibility and control over output of drawings.
• Produce robust, fully compressed PDFs.
CADConverter vs. InterCAD Feature Comparison
Automatically convert AutoCAD DWG files to DWF
Automatically convert AutoCAD DWG files to PDF
Ability to plot from either model or paper space
Support for AutoCAD 2000 through AutoCAD 2006
Support for AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2008
Support for Oracle Content Server 10g
Ability to force specific plot styles, line weights, etc. when generating PDF regardless of the “last plot” setting inside the DWG
Ability to plot both model and all paper space layouts to a single PDF
Optionally allow the user to specify which plot settings to use per DWG file
Convert without AutoCAD installed on the server
Optionally apply watermarks to the PDF without the use of Oracle’s PDF Watermark module
Generate consistently smaller PDF files