Enterprise BatchLoader™ for Oracle WebCenter Content
Consolidate Enterprise Information and Batch Load Content to Oracle WebCenter Content with Enterprise BatchLoader
Organizations continue to struggle with managing all the content generated by their numerous business applications. With content existing and being generated by ERP, CRM and CAD systems, employees can't be sure which system contains the information they need to do their jobs. They spend considerable amounts of time just searching for information or producing content that already exists. This results in information silos and more and more file shares being created further perpetuating the problem.
As organizations strive to more effectively manage their enterprise content, they are turning to Oracle WebCenter Content (UCM) systems and creating enterprise information repositories. However, the persisting problem facing organizations is quickly and efficiently loading content into the system, providing a single repository for searching, accessing, editing, and sharing enterprise content. Organizations can solve this problem with Fishbowl Solutions' Enterprise Batch Loader product.
Enterprise Batch Loader is a robust software application that integrates enterprise business systems with Oracle WebCenter Content by consolidating the content that exists within those systems. It ensures content generated by ERP, CRM, CAD and 3rd-party file shares gets checked in to Oracle UCM, providing a single access point to high-value information. Enterprise Batch Loader is a standalone application requiring minimal configuration steps:
1. Install onto Oracle Content Server (content repository for Oracle WebCenter Content).
2. Configure the watch directory - the directory where business applications output text or XML files and Word or PDF documents, for example.
3. Start Enterprise Batch Loader as a service or using the start up script.
Enterprise Batch Loader's powerful pre-processor component can be further configured for direct integrations with such systems as Oracle's JD Edwards and PeopleSoft applications. With these direct integrations, Enterprise Batch Loader not only monitors the directories for data output by these systems, but it also maps the data to fields existing in Oracle WebCenter Content.
Contact Us to learn more, schedule a demo, or request a quote.
Enterprise BatchLoader Product Specifications
With Enterprise Batch Loader, you can:
• Easily load content from other systems into Oracle WebCenter Content Server.
• Have batch-loaded content go into an Oracle WebCenter Content workflow.
• Map metadata from one system to metadata in Oracle WebCenter Content.
• Schedule batch loading times to optimize system performance (e.g. load after hours).
Enterprise BatchLoader Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Enterprise Batch Loader an Oracle WebCenter Content component, or is it something that sits outside Oracle WebCenter Conent, but connects to it.
Enterprise Batch Loader is both. It has an Oracle WebCenter Content component that enables some of its functionality, but it is an external application that can run either on the Content Server machine or a completely separate machine. Enterprise Batch Loader will connect to the Content Server to check-in, update, or delete content.
2. Does Enterprise Batch Loader have a user interface?
Enterprise Batch Loader does not have a user interface because it is typically used when integrating two systems and runs in the background. It can watch a network folder and automatically check-in content that appears in that folder.
3. Does Enterprise Batch Loader use a script like the Oracle UCM (Stellent) batch loader, or does it have its own format?
Enterprise Batch Loader is very flexible with the types of input it can handle because you can customize the pre-processor yourself. For example, we have created pre-processors that get their data from a database, xml file, text file, folder structure, etc. The default input format for metadata is a text file that is very similar to the Oracle WebCenter Content batch loader format.
Enterprise BatchLoader Comparative Analysis
Oracle Batch Loader
Web-based Batch Loader
Enterprise Batch Loader
Easily load thousands of documents
Batch-loaded files enter workflow
Can run on an external server
Watches a folder for items to check-in
User interface to specify metadata
Enterprise BatchLoader Resources
|Document Automation Suite – Ensuring ISO Compliance|
Recorded Webinar: Discover Our Most Popular Choices for Oracle WebCenter Content Optimization