Another great Oracle user group event in Vegas… Done!
Shay Shmeltzer, Brian Fry, Mark Peterson & John from the Oracle Team – Thanks for the time and attention you gave me and colleagues at your demo pod discussing Mobile Cloud Service (MCS), Content and Experience Cloud (CEC), Application Builder Cloud Service (ABCS), Mobile Application Accelerator (MAXX), and some other cool things yet to come. After seeing all these great products, I think the future for Fishbowl’s development team is looking brighter. Kudos on how far you have taken these platform as a service (PaaS) products so far, and where you plan to go. I really feel they will help Fishbowl and its customers extend, customise, and integrate with Oracle’s software as a service (SaaS) platforms.
2017 is a big year for Fishbowl and our Oracle cloud adoption. We initially plan to target Content Experience Cloud as the stepping stone platform to provide customers with a centralized digital workplace. This will include self service capabilities merged with a customized application platform and cross SaaS platform; all integrated to provide the next generation of digital experience and engagement on the cloud. There are many exciting cloud applications being developed, and we look forward to helping customers with their journeys to the cloud.
I saw many great cloud solutions at Collaborate, but these are the ones that stood out:
- New JDE Integrated Document and Social Cloud Connector for managing digital assets
- JDE self-service portal sitting on top of Site Cloud Service.
- ABCS extendibility and integration not only with SaaS & Java Cloud Service (JCS) but also including support for Sites Cloud Service (SCS)
- Developer Cloud and auto deployments
- New Rich Development Kits for Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), Mobile Application Framework (MAF), Java Extension Toolkit (JET)
- Sites Cloud Service integrated with Content As A Service
- Oracle Documents Cloud Service with new Digital Asset Management capabilities
- Portal Cloud Service
- Commerce Cloud – Oracle ATG in the cloud
The latest Oracle-based solutions from Fishbowl
With the newly released Fishbowl add on for PSA – Portal As A Service – the team at Fishbowl are happy to announce microservice support with our Portal Solution Accelerator framework for existing and new customers that supports both on premises and cloud use cases.
What does this mean? Well, taskflows that are developed on top of our framework can now be exposed as a microservice and consumed into any platform. With our suite of Oracle Sites Cloud components you can pull in existing widgets developed for portal integrated into other services – SaaS, PeopleSoft, Taleo, even Jive, directly into Sites.
Not only does this provide a headless portal capability with WebCenter Portal, but also the reuse of other powerful capabilities that Portal offers such as:
- Workflows leveraging WebCenter Content’s workflow engine
- Additional contribution layer of published Oracle SCS assets
- Inline editing of published sites by approved contributors
Unfortunately I had to leave a little early but here are some photos of the event and what you guys missed out on! 😉