For this week’s case study, our featured customer, a global financial services company, came to Fishbowl looking to replace their current system they had for composing financial underwriting documents. The company’s existing system was 15 years old but had since been sold and left to languish among its customers. Additionally, as the tool had not been updated it was becoming vastly more difficult to use and maintain in a fast-paced environment. Then, our client looked into creating a custom underwriting memo application on Oracle WebCenter Content with Fishbowl.
Working together, our client and the Fishbowl Solutions product development team worked to build, test, and deploy a new solution to create a modern system with Oracle WebCenter Content. The collaboration between Fishbowl and our featured client proved its success as WebCenter’s content management capabilities and user interface elements reduced credit memo application processing time by 25%.
- Reduce underwriting process time to enable faster transactions
- Replace inefficient and archaic system for composing financial underwriting documents
- Integrate and assemble all content needed for underwriting process to users of current credit application software
- Ensure content needed for underwriting memo application is securely managed yet highly available
- Fishbowl configured Oracle WebCenter Content to manage all content needed for underwriting memo application
- Integrated Fishbowl’s Compound Document Assembly within company’s credit underwriting system
- Underwriting memo presented as chapters which include risk factors, business description, operating risk, etc.
- Compound Document Assembly collates documents and includes non-text elements such as spreadsheets
- Users can check in/check out the documents and their sections directly from underwriting memo application
- Users can edit a section of the underwriting memo while another user edits a different section
- Document structures can be viewed as tabs allowing users to quickly and easily navigate from one report to another
- Users receive notifications related to any work within system
- All changes tracked within underwriting memo and versions stored in Oracle WebCenter
- Content management capabilities and user interface elements reduced credit memo application processing time by 25%
- Content publishing time greatly reduced providing quicker reviews and increased collaboration for underwriting team
- Documents can be collated and printed for reporting purposes