5 Things I learned about Using Adobe Design Products with Oracle Content Experience Cloud
As a designer I am always a little leery when someone tells me they are going to ask me to change my process. To my great relief moving from my desktop and WebCenter to Content Experience Cloud is not only easy but will make me faster. Here are the first 5 things I have learned since making the switch.
From the Desktop to the Cloud
Working within the Cloud
Commenting in the Cloud
- Drag and Drop! – Content Experience Cloud makes it easy to drag your exported package folder or image source files from your desktop into the cloud. You can also save yourself a step and save directly to the cloud.
- Generating Content – If you work in an environment where one department generates the images and another might do the writing and a third does the final review and publish CEC will make it easy to collaborate. Simply place the content from the different departments in the shared folder and BAM instant collaboration. No more broken links and big file drops using a third party.
- Open your Adobe file directly – You don’t need to download the file before opening it up each time and relinking your image files. Open directly from the cloud and immediately start working.
- Security – As previously mentioned you don’t need to use one of those third party’s to transfer your files. You also can control who has access to the shared content at each step. For example you don’t need to include all departments in the design phase. Once it is ready for sharing the exported document can be saved into a production folder for publication. This eliminates the risk that a partially finished product would be published by mistake.
- Shorten the Review Cycle – Shorten the review cycle by directing all stakeholders to the correct folder. This will reduced the need to email each version to everyone each time. Comments can be made directly within the folder.
Having the ability to work collaboratively within a cloud application is a big advantage for graphic designers. The files we tend to use are usually large and sending them back and forth is a consistent challenge. Without a cloud application teams are forced to export and package the project at each step and send to each other using a dropbox or similar application. The next team member has to download the content to their computer make any edits, and then send it on to the next step. Watch as I demonstrate how your team can use Oracles Content Experience Cloud with your Adobe software to cut out steps and make collaboration a breeze.