Associate Windchill Technical Consultant
At Fishbowl Solutions, our consulting group works with the latest PTC, Oracle, Google, and Mindbreeze technologies to deliver innovative solutions to solve business problems for some of the world’s most recognized brands. Our solutions are designed to improve access to information, streamline processes, and enable innovation
The ideal candidate for this position has a mechanical engineering aptitude coupled with computer programming experience, and is interested in growing their career within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Data Management (PDM) arena. They should be passionate about problem solving and helping companies improve their processes through innovation. After all, Fishbowl’s PTC Windchill consulting team’s mission is to help customers innovate and automate so they can dominate the competition!
As an Associate Windchill Technical Consultant, a typical day might include the following:
- Working individually and as part of a team to implement, test, deploy, and support solutions for clients leveraging PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Creo Computer Aided Design (CAD) Solutions, Vuforia Augmented Reality Solutions, Internet of Things solutions leveraging PTC ThingWorx, and more.
- Gathering customer business requirements and using your programming and system configuration skills to develop new functionality and/or modules to bring those requirements to life.
- Migrating data from Windchill to Windchill systems or from 3rd-party data sources.
- Performing system testing and coordinate with customer’s testing team.
- Implementing solutions within multiple architectural environments including Linux, Windows, Apache, SQL Server and Oracle Database, etc.Learning new technologies and work alongside our experienced Consultants and Project Managers for hands-on learning.
- Developing documentation for software and customizations including user guides, installation guides, and work instruction type materials.
- Leveraging your creativity and taking initiative to propose alternative solutions.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience with enterprise system project implementations including installation, configuration, customization, integration, and data migration.
- Experience with Java/J2EE and/or Microsoft .NET programming languages.
- Desire to work with a small, high-growth company where you have the ability to determine your career trajectory.
- Strong debugging/diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of source control systems, SVN (Subversion).
- Strong written and verbal communication, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven academic success.
- Work well independently & in a team to solve problems.
- BS or BA degree in a related field.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Why work at Fishbowl Solutions?
- We pride ourselves on hiring smart people who are constantly learning and growing and interested in learning from others.
- We foster a team-first environment focused on collaboration, enabling cross-functional work as you develop meaningful relationships.
- We find the best ways to solve our clients’ relevant business problems with world-class (and cool) technology solutions.
- We have a “work hard, play hard” mentality with perks that include the annual President’s Club vacation, recognition through Peloton Awards (peer kudos), community service and volunteer events, and other activities, including company-sponsored sports teams.
- Located right off of the Cedar Lake Regional Trail and future LRT station.
- The sky is the limit at Fishbowl Solutions, for you and for us. We are entrepreneurial. We are growing. Join us!
To apply, please visit our candidate website and upload your resume.